Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Chalkboard Love

I have a new found love of chalkboards.  I find myself wanting to paint everything with chalkboard paint!  I think it is the way it reminds me of being a kid, but also I love seeing hand written notes all over the place (have I mentioned how much I love hand written type?).  I decided to make my own chalkboard to hang over our bed.  I saw this project somewhere in blog land, but can't remember where. 
Directions are below:

To make a long story short- Last year my boyfriend and I had a flood in our condo and the whole place had to be gutted and redone.  Our contractors gave us extra cabinet doors, just in case any of them were scratched.  Attempting to be crafty, I decided to use one to make our chalkboard.

You will want to start out by taping off the part you want to paint the chalkboard on.  We had to do three coats of white and two coats of the chalkboard paint. 





Here is the finished product!  Please excuse the rest of our bedroom, I'm still in the process of decorating.  


No comments:

Post a Comment